Conference “Big Data Analytics in the Life Sciences Industry”
June 1-2, 2015 / Diegem (Brussels), Belgium
Organized by the ExaScience Life Lab*
* funded by IWT, Janssen Pharmaceutica, Intel
The conference will bring together international experts in the area of Computation and Life Sciences. It is a forum to discuss the state-of-the-art of the hot topics in the rapidly growing area of Big Data Analytics in the Life Sciences Industry.
The volume and the diversity of the data available to the life sciences industry today is such that automated approaches are quickly becoming of strategic importance. Think about screening 7.5 million images for activity of compounds. Or how to help drug developers select which of 2.5 million compounds would be worth investigating in more detail ? Or how to find markers in the vast amount of measurements that are becoming available to enable early detection for disease interception in Alzheimer's ?
The increased compute capabilities, puts Machine Learning at the forefront of such automated approaches to tackle these questions. Day two of the event will focus on this topic more in depth with key speakers in the field.
The ExaScience Life Lab is a cooperation between Janssen Pharmaceutica, imec, Intel and the Flemish universities: KU Leuven, U Gent, U Antwerp, VU Brussels, U Hasselt. It innovates Big Data Analytics in the Life Sciences Industry. During the conference also the main results of this collaboration will be presented.
Keynotes are confirmed from
- Georgia Papathomas (VP CIO Pharma, J&J World Headquarters US)
- Mark Landy (IT IS VP, Enterprise Architecture, J&J World Headquarters US)
- Simon Lovestone (Professor of Translational Neuroscience at University of Oxford; Leader of the NIHR Translational Research Collaboration in Dementia)
- Samuel Kaski (Director of Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT and Finnish Centre of Excellence in Computational Inference Research COIN at Aalto University and University of Helsinki)
The agenda will be sent out in the next weeks.
Attendance is by invitation only.